Was Obama FBI Paying Chris Steele For Dossier Before Fusion GPS? Updated Timeline of Events Now Indicates This Is the Case
Christopher Steele, the former MI6 agent who hated Donald Trump and who is widely believed to be the creator of the fake dossier tied to his name, may have been working for the FBI on his dossier before he was reportedly hired by Fusion GPS, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign.
Sara Carter reported in February 2018
that Steele began compiling information on candidate Trump before being hired by Fusion GPS and the Democrat National Committee and Clinton Campaign [emphasis added] –
… [Senators] Grassley and Graham noted that “there is substantial evidence suggesting that Mr. Steele materially misled the FBI about a key aspect of his dossier efforts, one which bears on his credibility.”The pair of lawmakers also allege that Steele was compiling information on Trump and his campaign before being hired by now embattled research firm Fusion GPS, which was paid by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton Campaign for his work.
Then Judicial Watch reported in August 2018
the following in response to their request for information regarding agent Steele [emphasis added] –
– Judicial Watch announced today the FBI turned over 70 pages of heavily redacted records
about Christopher Steele, the former British spy, hired with Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee funds, who authored the infamous Dossier targeting President Trump during last year’s presidential campaign. The documents show that Steele was cut off as a “Confidential Human Source” (CHS) after he disclosed his relationship with the FBI to a third party. The documents show at least 11 FBI payments to Steele in 2016 and document that he was admonished for unknown reasons in February 2016. The documents were turned over in response to Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit
against the U.S. Department of Justice for records of communications and payments between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele and his private firm, Orbis Business Intelligence (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice
Judicial Watch’s reporting noted some key items –
1. The documents provided by the Deep State FBI were heavily redacted, consistent with all their previous efforts to hide to their crimes and misdeeds.
2. There were 11 payments to Steele but the dates of payment and the amounts are redacted.
3. Steele was cutoff as a spy for the FBI (i.e. Confidential Human Source) on November 1st, 2016. The report reads that the FBI’s relationship with the CHS would change completely and that “it was unlikely the FBI would continue a relationship with the CHS”. This was all coordinated with Steele’s FBI “Handling Agent” who is unknown at this time.
4. Finally, and possibly most damning, is the fact that the CHS (Steele) was “admonished for unknown reasons in February 2016.”
This admonishment verifies that Steele was a spy (CHS) for the FBI in February of 2016. He could not have been admonished if he wasn’t working for the FBI as a spy.
Senator Grassley and Graham report that Steele was working on his dossier before he was hired by Fusion GPS, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign.
We don’t know the dates and amounts of money paid to Steele from the FBI. We do know that Steele was paid by the FBI and that he was working for the FBI as early as February 2016.
The release of the FISA documents may help, but it now appears that the FBI was paying Steele to work on his dossier in early 2016, long before Fusion GPS, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign paid him to do the same.